Monday, July 19, 2010

Hola,

I am turning 39 this Tuesday. Can you believe it? I can't! I have been in serious denial. I actually have a 20 year high school reunion coming up. Have Mercy!

But the time has come and I've got to accept the blinding truth. So I decided to celebrate early last Saturday. If you can't fight it mind as well as celebrate it. I had a karaoke party and sang my heart out. I am as asian as you can get here! It was so much fun to just let loose and be silly. I can not believe I am almost freaking turning 40. I seriously do not feel or behave my age, I hope I never do.

Let's move onto the fitting I had last week. I designed 4 new pieces and the fitting went really well. Here is a pic of one of the new dress's:


I did sleeves! But of course, it's still got a very cool back.


You like? I am still undecided what fabric I should use.

The printed dress below is named Kim bc my sister Kim helped me designed this dress.

Look's great right? But technically speaking this dress has been a nightmare! I have fit Kim 4 times already but I love this dress and will not give up on it! I did make this for the store a few months ago but after hearing some comments I decided to work on perfecting the fit.

So I redesigned the pleating on the skirt. Hopefully, this will be the last time. Wish me luck.


I am also giving myself a challenge to used up all my current fabrics before buying new ones. In this economy us artists need to find ways to be frugal and creative at the same time. Believe me, it's not as easy as it sounds!




Love fashion,
Love life,
Love,
Chloe

5 comments:

Samantha said...

happy early birthday!!

Maybelline said...

Love the dress and Happy Birthday!! You should name a dress after you!! Have a fun day!!

Chloe Dao said...

Hi Maybelline,

Thanks for always leaving a comment. I love reading them.

Chloe

Chloe Dao said...

Thanks.

Samantha!I have been eating a lot early too.

Chloe

Zazo Guerra said...

I like that dress. It's simple but so nice. have the lightness it needs to be chic and elegant.
Good work, tireless Chloe. =)

 
Site Meter