Thursday, May 19, 2011

Product Runway



Hola,

There is one thing most people don't know about me, I love interior design. I think it is so hard because it is a serious commitment. You have to commit to the floor once you put it down, while with clothes you can just take them off if you don't like it. I have been decorating my house now for like 3 years and I'm still not finish. Probably because I still can't commit to certain pieces and I'm afraid to make a mistake. While again with clothes I know what to wear and design but with furniture and accessories, I am a little lost. Now, I know what my customer's feel like when they're not sure if a dress is right for them or not.

Well, enough about me. This blog is really about the amazing group of interior designers, IIDA, International Interior Design Association. A shout out has to be given to Stacy Dobb and Jeannie Wu for putting the event together, a ridiculously impressive show to raised money for the Houston Furniture Bank. This was the third Product Runway I have had the opportunity to judge. I love this contest because I think every fashion designer wants to be an interior designer and vice verse. 17 different design firms had to create an original garment from soft and hard goods donated and designated from vendors. The garment had to work with a certain musical genre also. It was a challenge and plus the firm had to choose from within their team a model. There were some brave and very generous souls to work and model on the runway. I did that once for Project Runway and believe me I thought I looked like a munchkin on the runway seeming myself on TV. I never realized how bow-legging I was until then. No good at all....

Well enough about me again. Am I vain? Me? I think not.

Here are some pictures from the show. Enjoy the creativity. I think I need to be scare of them because they were pretty amazing!!













No comments:

 
Site Meter